Saturday, March 31, 2012

Going to take a moment...

I feel like I've come pretty far from this time last year. Last year I was living in a shed, unhappy and confused about life. I didn't have my family's support, I wasn't going to school, I was completely embarrassed of my situation. But what I did have was a group of amazing friends who helped pull me through. I don't know where I would be without these people.

I had my best friend's parents who completely stepped up for me. They gave me a place to stay when I had nowhere to go, they gave me a loan to get a car when mine broke down, and they were there for me emotionally. When I felt most alone, they took me in as if I were one of their own. Many a time their generosity brought me to tears, and still does.

I had my best friends Alicia, Alex, and Natalie. We always had (and still have) a great time, which gave me a mental break when I needed it. Those girls mean everything to me. They were a beacon of light in such a dark and trying time.

I had another one of my best friends, Linda. She really inspired me to go back to school and work hard. She has an amazing life and is such a caring and generous person. I feel like compared to most people, she and I have a pretty similar background, all things considered. Whenever I feel hopeless, I think about how hard she worked to get where she is and it helps me to push through. I love that we can go awhile without talking, but pick up like we just saw each other yesterday. She welcomed me to be apart of her wedding, which was such an unexpected honor. As far as I'm concerned, she's family.

These are but a few of the people that helped bring me to where I am now. By no means am I where I want to be, but I am more than on my way. And I feel like it's so important to acknowledge the people who have helped me get to just this point. So from the bottom of my heart, thank you all. There are no words to explain the gratitude and love that I feel for all of you.

I also want to throw in that although I didn't have their support last year, my relationship with my family has also grown. We are now better than before so I don't want them thinking that I don't appreciate what they've done either. I love my family eternally.

No comments:

Post a Comment