Sunday, June 17, 2012

Good news...

Actually... GREAT news!! So remember my blog where I revealed my plans to get the Lapband and how I said I had to do a 6 month program in order to qualify? Well, what I DIDN'T tell you was that I appealed that decision and, long story short, my health group approved it!! So what does this mean?? This means I'll be getting this done sometime between July and September!!

I'm so thrilled about this! I feel as though my life has been put on hold up until this moment. I'm finally going to have the tool I need to be able to control my weight and live a full and healthy life. I'll be able to join my friends kayaking and dancing. I'll be able to go hiking with my awesome boyfriend. I'll be able to go on all the rides at theme parks without questioning if I'm too big to ride the rides. People who don't have a weight problem will NEVER understand what a huge step this is in my life. I'm finally going to escape the captivity of obesity.

Now, I know this is not a magic bullet, and I know this weight loss won't happen instantly. I'm fully aware of the work I'm going to need to put into this. But it's going to be a lot easier without the constant hunger pangs. I will keep you posted on my surgery date, my journey through weight loss, and everything that goes with it. Stay tuned my friends...

No comments:

Post a Comment